YOUR NEW CONTACTLESS DEBIT CARD
Learn More About Our Transition
To provide you with the best financial tools available, we’re transitioning your MidSouth Bank debit card from Mastercard™ to a contactless Visa® card. We have detailed below what this change means for you, included directions to activate your new card, defined the benefits of your new debit card, and shared responses to the most Frequently Asked Questions about the transition. And, if you still have questions, feel free to contact our team by phone, email, or fax.
- You’ll be receiving a new contactless card with the Visa logo. This will replace your current card.
- There’s no cost associated with this change.
- Your card number, expiration date, and PIN.
- You’ll need to update this information with any merchants, billers or other service providers that have it saved.
- You should also add your new card to your Apple Pay® or Google Pay™ wallets, and to CardValet®, our card management app.
What’s Staying the Same?
- Your basic account terms.
- Our commitment to your security and satisfaction.
Activate Your New Card
Once received, your new MidSouth Bank contactless debit card is ready for activation. This card replaces your current card, which will be deactivated on 05/15/2023. After 05/15/2023, your current card will no longer work, but all you need to do is:
- Activate your new card by calling 1-800-992-3808 and follow the steps provided.
- Destroy and discard your current card immediately for security purposes.
- Update your payment and billing information with any merchants or service providers who have it saved. This may include your wireless, cable and internet providers, insurance companies, and online merchants where you shop regularly.
- Add your new card to your Apple Pay® or Google Pay™ wallets, and to CardValet®, our card management app.
If you haven’t received your new card, by 04/24/2023, please call us at 1-888-440-7774 for assistance.
Enjoy the Benefits of Your New Card
Whether you’re paying online, at the store, or over the phone, reach for the convenience and security of your MidSouth Bank debit card.
Real-Time Fraud Monitoring – Count on 24/7 fraud protection with continuous screening of your account for suspicious card activity.
Contactless Payments – A simple tap is all it takes to pay for what you need. Tapping to pay with the chip in your new debit card generates a transaction-specific, one-time code that reduces the risk of counterfeit fraud.
Worldwide Acceptance – Use your MidSouth Bank debit card to pay quickly and securely at millions of locations in more than 200 countries across the globe.
Lost or Stolen Card Reporting – Rest easy knowing that if your MidSouth Bank debit card is ever lost or stolen, assistance is only a toll-free phone call away — 24/7.
WHY AM I RECEIVING A NEW CARD?
ARE THERE ADDITIONAL COSTS OR FEES ASSOCIATED WITH THIS NEW CARD?
IS MY CARD NUMBER CHANGING?
- Information with merchants who regularly bill this account through automatic/recurring payments
- Information with merchants who have your card on file, e.g., online shopping sites
- Add your new card to your Apple Pay® or Google Pay™ wallets, and to CardValet®, our card management app
ARE MY ACCOUNT TERMS CHANGING?
WILL MY PIN CHANGE?
WHEN WILL I RECEIVE MY NEW CONTACTLESS DEBIT CARD?
MY NEW CARD HASN’T ARRIVED YET. SHOULD I BE CONCERNED?
WHEN CAN I START USING MY NEW CARD?
CAN I STILL USE MY CURRENT MIDSOUTH BANK DEBIT CARD?
WHAT SHOULD I DO WITH MY CURRENT CARD?
WHAT WILL HAPPEN WITH AUTOMATIC/RECURRING BILL PAYMENTS ON MY CARD?
I HAVE TWO OTHER USERS ON MY ACCOUNT. WILL THEY BE SENT NEW CARDS TOO?
WILL I HAVE TO ADD MY NEW CARD TO MY CARDVALET® APP?